Becoming an approved premises under the Marriages and Civil Partnerships (Approved Premises) Regulations 2005

We're responsible for licensing premises within the administrative area of Derbyshire (not Derby City) for the solemnisation of marriages or the formation of civil partnerships.

To qualify for an approved premises licence there are a number of criteria that must be met and maintained throughout the licence period. More details are attached to this page. The premises must be regularly available for use by the public and should be a seemly and dignified venue for proceedings. A private house is unlikely to be an appropriate venue for civil marriage as it would not be known to the public as a marriage venue or regularly available for their use.

Any owner or trustee wishing to apply for a licence must do so in writing by completing the application form and submitting the required documentation. Application forms are attached to this page and can be submitted by post.

If you have any queries please tel: 07976 474976.