Alert close - icon Fill 1 Copy 10 Untitled-1 tt copy 3 Untitled-1 Untitled-1 tt copy 3 Fill 1 Copy 10 menu Group 3 Group 3 Copy 3 Group 3 Copy Page 1 Group 2 Group 2 Skip to content

Becoming an approved premises

We're responsible for licensing premises within the administrative area of Derbyshire (not Derby City) for the solemnisation of marriages or the formation of civil partnerships.

If you wish to licence your venue to hold marriages and civil partnerships you'll need to apply for an approved premises licence. Derbyshire Registration Service are responsible for licensing all premises with the administrative area of Derbyshire (but not Derby City).

Approval is subject to compliance with certain criteria and legislative requirements (under the Marriages and Civil Partnerships (Approved Premises) Regulations 2005 and S26(1) (bb) of The Marriage Act 1949 and for civil partnerships under S6(3A) (a) of the of the Civil Partnership Act 2004) which must be met and maintained throughout the licence period.

The owner or proprietor or trustee of the premises may apply for a licence in writing by completing the attached application form and submitting the required documentation and fee. An approved premises licence is valid for 3 years and is renewable in the final year of approval.

If you're interested in becoming an approved premises licence holder, we can arrange for a preliminary visit to your premises to offer advice.

To arrange a visit or to request further information please contact: