They meet on a quarterly basis to share best practice, the latest news and to discuss issues of concern to the 50+ community.
The aims of DOPAG are to:
- get involved with local, regional and national issues
- be a channel for information from and to their members
- empower the 50+ forum network to deliver positive change to improve the quality of life of the 50+ community in Derbyshire
Each of the 50+ forums are independently constituted organisations. They're supported by us with administration, networking support and guidance.
We don't tell forums what topics they should cover or who to invite to their meetings. However, we do offer them opportunities to engage with our work which is relevant to the membership.
Each forum’s management committee decides what will appear on their local agendas and what the focus of their work will be.
Agendas are generally agreed between six to twelve months in advance.
The purpose of the 50+ network is to ensure that the 50+ community feels valued and have their voices heard. The network supports positive working relationships with a range of organisations that influence and shape services.
They also make time to have a lot of fun and enjoy themselves too.
There are 15 forums and approximately 3,170 members.
DOPAG forms the link from the local 50+ Forums to a range of county and regional strategic groups relevant to the 50+ community.
It works to support and encourage its members to engage with appropriate groups working at all levels and across all services to ensure that those 50+ are heard.
For more information about DOPAG contact Helen Greatorex email: email@example.com or tel: 01629 531063.
- Thursday 30 March 2017, Members Room, County Hall
- 15 June 2017, Members Room, County Hall
- 28 September 2017, Members Room, County Hall
- 7 December 2017, Members Room, County Hall