Trading Standards

We aim to improve life for local people by supporting business, helping consumers and tackling unfair and unsafe trading practices.

In this section you can find out more about us, what we do and how we can help you. There is also information on animal health matters and food standards issues, and advice for businesses.

Consumer advice and enquiries

The Citizens Advice Consumer Service provides telephone advice and support to consumers in Derbyshire. They are the first point of contact for all consumer queries and work in partnership with Derbyshire County Council's trading standards service. For details of how to contact them please visit the Consumer Advice section of the website by using the link below.


If you would like information and advice on licensing issues, including fireworks, poisons, petroleum and animal movement licences to download, please visit the licences section of the website by using the link below.

Do it online

We have a number of forms which you can you can fill in online. You can:

  • request business information if you are a Derbyshire business
  • join our monthly mailing list for legislation updates
  • report a trader who is selling alcohol to someone under the age of 18
  • report a vehicle which you suspect of illegally using weight restricted roads
  • give us your views.

See the links below for more information.

Also on our website