Primary Authority Partnerships
We operate a Primary Authority Partnership scheme for businesses that trade across council boundaries. This means that qualifying businesses can enter into a legally recognised partnership with us, receiving an agreed package of advice and support.
As a Primary Authority, we will provide businesses, or a group of businesses, with appropriate regulatory advice on which they can rely.
The benefits of a Primary Authority Partnership are:
- Assured advice − the advice given by a Primary Authority is nationally binding and other councils are required to take this into account when carrying out inspections or dealing with non-compliance.
- Reduced cost of compliance - Primary Authority Partnerships can reduce costs by providing certainty to your business.
- Simplified regulatory process allowing you to work with a single local authority.
- Reduced risk of non-compliance.
- A single point of contact with a designated officer who gets to know you and your business.
If you would like to find out more about forming a Primary Authority Partnership with Derbyshire Trading Standards Service, please see the leaflet attached to this page and contact us on tel: 01629 536166.
Further information about the Primary Authority scheme (opens in a new window) is available on Gov.uk.
The following document is in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)