Better Business RegulationDerbyshire County Council Trading Standards Service is a founder member of the D2N2 Local Economic Partnership 'Better Business Regulation' partnership.
Supported by all local authorities within the Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire region together with national agencies, the Better Business Regulation programme is designed to improve the delivery of 'regulation' as it impacts on local businesses and therefore reduce the cost of compliance.
The key objectives of the programme are to develop a new relationship between businesses and regulatory services through:
- Seeking to reduce the regulatory burden on businesses
- Promotion of two way communication between businesses and regulatory services
- Improving the business perception of regulators
- Supporting regulators to find the right balance between encouragement, education and enforcement
- Developing a joint offer of support from regulatory services to businesses
- Building trust between regulators and businesses
- Advising government how to do things better for both businesses and regulators
Supported by the D2N2 LEP, Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire Chamber of Commerce and the Federation of Small Businesses, the BBR initiative is providing access to business advice in the following legislative areas:
- Animal Welfare
- Environmental Health
- Fire Safety
- Food Safety
- Health and Safety
- Trading Standards
- Weights and Measures
Any business operating in the D2N2 area requiring advice in any of these areas of regulation are encouraged to contact theD2N2 Growth Hub on 0333 006 9178.
The following documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)
- Better Business Regulation D2N2 Charter (356KB)
- Better Business Regulation Derbyshire County Council Statement of Support (131KB)