Alert close - icon Fill 1 Copy 10 Untitled-1 tt copy 3 Untitled-1 Untitled-1 tt copy 3 Fill 1 Copy 10 menu Group 3 Group 3 Copy 3 Group 3 Copy Page 1 Group 2 Group 2 Skip to content

Animal movement licences

All movements of cattle, deer, sheep, goats and pigs are controlled by a general licence.

Animal movement licences

Holdings are still subject to a standstill period and bio security measures.

Failure to comply with the rules laid down in the licences may result in revocation of the general licence and prosecution.

Download a licence

Licences for the movement of cattle, pigs, deer, sheep and goats are available to be downloaded from the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs' (DEFRA):

In addition, deer, sheep and goats must be accompanied by an ARAMS1 form and pigs by an AML2 form.

Where to send your animal movement licence form

Pig AML2 forms are now electronic returns or, if documents, should by returned to BPeX / MLCSL Bureau.

Sheep ARAMS1 forms should be sent to:

PO Box 6299
Milton Keynes
MK10 1ZQ

Keepers who wish to create movements electronically can register an account with the Animal Reporting and Movement Service (ARAMS). This allows you to set up a movement (for example farm-farm, farm-market, farm-abattoir) online. A pre-populated movement document will then be printed, to accompany the animals during transport. You can read more about this new system by reading the ARAMS keeper information.