Health Champion network
The Health Champion network lets you take ownership of employee wellbeing.
It will help you put in place long term solutions that address the health and wellbeing needs of your organisation.
Your employees will also have the chance to become Workplace Health Champions.
A Workplace Health Champion is someone who supports and promotes a workplace health programme in their organisation.
Champions will work to raise awareness about your company's workplace health programme as well as encourage colleagues to make small lifestyle changes that can add up to a big difference in their health and wellbeing.
Workplace Health Champions need to have an active interest in people and be passionate about supporting them to make lifestyle choices that will improve their health and wellbeing.
The role of the Workplace Health champion can be varied and will depend upon your organisations needs and staff requirements.
Health Champions may want to:
- communicate with colleagues about health and wellbeing initiatives and campaigns
- encourage colleagues to take part in health initiatives
- support setting up new health initiatives
- signpost to local health activities and services
- organise and deliver health promotion campaigns and events that are relevant to the workplace
- put up posters and other marketing materials about health and wellbeing.
Workplace Health Champions will become part of the Health Champion network which meets throughout the year to offer support, encouragement and motivation.
You can find out more from the Workplace Health Champions resource booklet, which is attached to this page.
The following document is in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)