Health and safety
Information for both businesses and workers on their rights and responsibilities that affect health and safety at work.
All workers are entitled to work in environments where risks to their health and safety are properly controlled.
Under health and safety law, the primary responsibility for this is down to employers. Employers have a duty to consult with their employees, or their representatives, on health and safety matters.
The following documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)
The following document is in PowerPoint format. You can download software to view PowerPoint presentations for free from the PowerPoint viewer page (opens in a new window) of the Microsoft website.
- Your rights to safe and healthy work (404KB)
- Protection for young people in the workplace (402KB)
- Looking out for hazards (382KB)
- Advice for supervisors (389KB)
- Advice for parents (400KB)
- Advice for employers (370KB)
- Health and safety induction (121KB)