The Hub has been designed to give local people easy access to the services they need in one place and is the first building of its kind in Derbyshire.
We have co-ordinated work to transform a disused football pitch off Market Street in South Normanton into the innovative 3,500 square metre community resource – the result of a 7-year partnership project.
It is expected that the development will encourage further economic regeneration and breathe new life into the town.
The services already located at the hub:
- new library and information centre
- Safer Neighbourhood Team police office
- South Normanton pre-school
- adult community education centre
- South Normanton Parish Council
- The Bistro café
- a training facility for council staff
- offices and community meeting rooms
- drop in facilities for staff
The following services will be opening at the Hub in the near future:
- GP surgery
- Bolsover District Council contact centre
- Derbyshire Community Health Services
- Sure Start Centre
- Release – a charitable trust offering debt counselling and advice
The building also has 24 apartments located on the second (top) floor.
The Hub will transform the way services are provided to residents in South Normanton, Blackwell, Pinxton and the surrounding areas, providing an attractive community venue with easy access to many services.