Careers and work experience
We pride ourselves on a motivated, skilled, diverse and outward looking workforce capable of delivering a high quality service both now and in the future.
We employ more than 35,000 people, including school employees, across Derbyshire in hundreds of jobs in many different settings across our service areas:
- Adult care
- Corporate resources
- Chief executives
- Children's services
- Economy, transport and communities.
The information contained within these pages is aimed at
- current employees
- students looking for work experience
- job seekers looking for opportunities with us.
Further information about careers in local government or to undertake a skills audit to find out which career would suit you best can be found below.
The following documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)
- National Workforce Development Strategy (272KB)
- Children's services Workforce Strategy 2014 - 2017 (500KB)