If you're at risk or under notice of redundancy, you need to know what kinds of support are available. We are providing a range of practical advice sessions to help you plan your next steps.
The sessions will cover:
- information and advice on job seeking
- information and advice on financial planning.
In addition to the events to help you in planning your next steps, you can get training through our adult community education service.
You can also contact our learning and development team, tel: 01629 536939 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
National careers service advisers can help if you're at risk of redundancy
A team of 14 specialists based across the county offer free support to any staff facing possible redundancy.
Group workshops can be offered at our venues, at district and borough council sites, or at private companies, to suit the organisation and employees receiving support.
Information includes tips and guidance on:
- CV writing
- application forms
- interview skills
- available training and work options.
For more information please speak to your line manager or contact your departmental HR team.
A confidential employee counselling service is provided by our counsellors, who can normally be contacted between 8.30am and 5.30pm for help with either personal or work-related problems. Tel: 01629 536954. An answer machine will be in operation for out-of-hours calls.
Our occupational health team is available if you have health issues you wish to discuss. Tel: 01629 536943.
ACAS (opens in a new window) (the Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service) offers free, confidential and impartial advice on all employment issues. If you are a member of a trade union, they can also provide advice or support.
Career Sage is an online career management service. Our experience in people development, outplacement and recruitment can help with your career planning.
For more information about Career Sage or to request a logon, contact Liz Bradley, tel: 01629 532885 or email email@example.com
Jobcentreplus has a leaflet called 'Finding your way back to work - practical help and advice when applying for jobs' which you can download below.
'Money made clear' booklets are available at the training workshops and from the Unison branch office in Smedley Street. Tel: 01629 539128 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We have compiled a list of books, which you can download below.
These books are available in our libraries. There are several copies of each title around the county.
If you're not a library member you can join for free at any branch. Just bring along some proof of address (driving licence, bank statement, utility bill). Our branch staff will be happy to help you find what you need.
There are many sources of support and advice available online. We've pulled together some examples of websites you may find useful.
You can use the internet for free at all Derbyshire libraries.
The following documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)
The following documents are in Word format. You can download software to view Word documents for free from the Word viewer page (opens in a new window) of the Microsoft website.
- Find your way back to work - Practical help and advice when applying for jobs (2895KB)
- Useful books (14KB)
- Corporate Learning and Development Programme 2015 (894KB)
- Redundancy FAQs (30KB)
- CAYA Preferential Redeployment Schedule (45KB)
- Teachers Redundancy policy (436KB)
- Tips on applying for jobs and interview preparation (54KB)
Also on our website
Information on other websites
Job application advice
- Gov.UK (opens in a new window)
- Monster - CV and applications advice (opens in a new window)
- Interview Skills (opens in a new window)
- Guardian (opens in a new window)
- University of Kent (opens in a new window)
- Pathway Education (opens in a new window)
- Times Educational Supplement (TES) (opens in a new window)
- eTeach (opens in a new window)
- Union Learn (opens in a new window) - for union members
- Jobs@Derbyshire (opens in a new window)
- East Midlands Jobs (opens in a new window)
- Total Jobs (opens in a new window)
- Monster (opens in a new window)
- Job Site (opens in a new window)
- Jobs Today (opens in a new window)
- Fish4jobs (opens in a new window)
- Capita (opens in a new window)
- Hays (opens in a new window)
- Randstad Education (opens in a new window)
- TES (opens in a new window)
- Derby Telegraph (opens in a new window)
- Nottingham Post (opens in a new window)
- Derbyshire Times (opens in a new window)
- Sheffield Star (opens in a new window)