The pensions team is able to provide training on pension related matters, as agreed in Section 10 of the Pensions Administration Strategy which is attached to this page. This may be provided directly by members of the team, or an external provider.
Under certain circumstances, training might be provided to individual employers, either at our offices or on site, but the usual format is to gather employer representatives together for a bulk training session. This not only ensures consistency of message but also gives attendees the opportunity to discuss employer issues with each other.
Recent large scale employer training activity includes:
'Understanding CARE pay and Final pay' delivered by Tim Hazlewood of PENtag in a joint event with Leicestershire Pension Fund at The Novotel Hotel, Long Eaton.
A summary of the attendees' feedback on the day is attached to this page.
13 February 2015
'Understanding the Employer Role' delivered by Tim Hazlewood of PENtag at County Hall, Matlock.
A summary of the content of the day is attached to this page.
24 January 2014
'2014 Scheme Changes and 2013/14 Year End Processes' delivered by pension fund officers at County Hall, Matlock.
The slides presented are attached to this page.
The following documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)
The following documents are in Word format. You will need a Word viewer installed on your computer in order to open these files.
The following document is in PowerPoint format. You can download software to view PowerPoint presentations for free from the PowerPoint viewer page (opens in a new window) of the Microsoft website.
- Derbyshire Pension Fund Pensions Administration Strategy 2018 (865KB)
- Pensions training day attendee assessment (28KB)
- Understanding the employer role (24KB)
- Scheme changes and 2013/14 year end processes slides set one - main points (206KB)
- Scheme changes and 2013/14 year end processes slides set two - terms, definitions, processes and discretions (829KB)
- Scheme changes and 2013/14 year end processes slides set five - year end and monthly information (308KB)
- Scheme changes and 2013/14 year end processes slides set six - auto enrolment (235KB)
- Pensionable pay training (1101KB)