Disability employment service
If you're unemployed and disabled, we can help you.
We provide support for disabled people to find training, work experience, voluntary work and paid employment.
We offer the following services:
- help to match you to the right type of job
- help to find you work experience and voluntary work
- make sure you find out about job vacancies
- help with selling yourself in your application forms and CV
- help you prepare for interviews
- advise you about support in the workplace, such as equipment or other support that you may need.
What we can't do:
- we can't promise that you will get an interview or that you'll get a job
- we can't give you a job or create a job for you.
Tel: 01629 532440
Disability Employment Service
Derbyshire County Council
The following documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)
- Disabled? Looking for a job? (264KB)
- Information about employment support for students (349KB)
- Getting a job - advice for family carers of adults with a learning disability (6796KB)
- Employment and Health Support Initiative (1157KB)
- What is the Disability Employment Service? Factsheet (53KB)
- Disability Employment Service poster (253KB)