Changing the Way Derbyshire Works (CWDW)
Changing the Way Derbyshire Works (CWDW) is a programme which will allow us to learn and adapt to the challenging environment of changing resource requirements and service delivery, and will lead to the generation of efficiencies over the next few years.
It consists of a number of smaller projects including:
- better use of accommodation
- introducing flexible working
- smarter travel
- procurement initiatives
- new core financial and personnel systems
which will collectively improve our efficiency and assist in the delivery of our services.
The programme will deliver the following outcomes:
- new ways of working utilising technology and flexible working styles
- more efficient use of our property
- economic use of different transport options
- changes to organisational structures and working practices
- transformation of outdated financial and personnel systems
- a better customer experience
- a better place to work for staff
- closer working with other local councils and agencies
- reduction of our carbon footprint and enhanced environmental sustainability.
A series of roadshows were held in order to communicate with staff and provide general information about the programme and it's aims, as well as seeking feedback. A summary of the feedback is attached to this page.
Adverse weather − your working experiences
In 2011 we asked you for your views about working experiences during adverse weather. This was very helpful in preparing for winter, and contributed to many of the changes we made to how we deal with snow in particular. The snow page has a lot of helpful guidance.
As part of the exercise we received a number of questions from staff and a list of questions and answers was prepared. This list is attached to this page.
The following documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)
The following documents are in Word format. You can download software to view Word documents for free from the Word viewer page (opens in a new window) of the Microsoft website.
- Changing the Way Derbyshire Works (CWDW) roadshows employee feedback summary (114KB)
- Adverse Weather Questionnaire 2011 - issues arising from staff feedback (77KB)
- Introduction to Flexible Working (65KB)
- Appendix A - Manager Guidance Staff Relocation (26KB)
- Appendix D - Hot desk protocols (16KB)
- Appendix C - Touchdown Centre protocols (19KB)
- Appendix B - Manager Guidance Change in Working (21KB)
- Moving Schedule Checklist (25KB)
- Health and Safety checklist (50KB)
Information on other websites