We're responsible for the management of traffic on Derbyshire's highway network. We make sure that the network operates in accordance with current standards and is developed in line with our transportation objectives.
The main objectives are:
- to reduce the number of people killed and injured on the county's roads
- to reduce congestion
- to reduce inconvenience to the public caused by roadworks and temporary obstructions
- to improve public access to local services
- to encourage cycling and walking
- to encourage the use of public transport.
These objectives are achieved by a wide range of measures which include:
- accident reduction schemes
- traffic calming
- junction improvements
- speed limits
- pedestrian facilities - signal crossings, zebra crossings, traffic islands, new footways
- waiting and parking restrictions
- public transport facilities - bus lanes, bus priority schemes, bus shelters, bus stop waiting areas
- cycle facilities − cycle lanes and routes, cycle parking
- road markings and signs
- control and monitoring of road works
- traffic signal control
- temporary traffic schemes while road works are ongoing.
For traffic and safety enquiries please contact:
- Call Derbyshire tel: 01629 533190
- email: email@example.com