Older motorists have a wealth of driving experience and driving offers freedom and independence, but as we get older our health and fitness, including eyesight and reaction times begin to decline.
We're offering free 'driving safer for longer' information sessions to Derbyshire residents aged 65 years and older.
The 'driving safer for longer' information sessions offer attendees a change to update their driving knowledge; the session covers the following themes:
- drink Driving
- hazard perception
- vehicle adaptations
- driving assessments.
Length of the course
The session runs for 90 minutes.
The information session is free to attend. Light refreshments will be provided.
Date and location
We have a number of information sessions planned:
- Thursday 22 June 2017 between 2pm to 3.30pm, Committee Room 1, County Hall, Matlock
- Thursday 6 July 2017 between 10am to 11.30am, Room 1 Chesterfield Library
- Thursday 27 July 2017 between 1.30pm to 3pm, Round Table Hall, Bradbury House, Glossop
- Monday 7 August 2017 between 10am to 11.30am, Ilkeston Library
- Tuesday 22 August 2017 between 1.30pm to 3pm, Adult Education Centre, Swadlincote
- Thursday 7 September 2017 between 10.30am to noon, Arts and Crafts Room, Adult Education Centre, Ashbourne
- Tuesday 3 October 2017 between 2pm to 3.30pm, Buxton Library
- Monday 9 October 2017 between 1.30pm to 3pm, Meeting Room 1, Chesterfield Library
- Thursday 26 October 2017 between 2pm and 3.30pm, Alfreton leisure centre, Alfreton
- Monday 20 November 2017 between 10.30am to noon, Committee Room 1, County Hall, Matlock
- Monday 4 December 2017 between 10am to 11.30am, Learning Room, Bolsover Library.
If you have any special requirements please email: DrivingSafer.ForLonger@derbyshire.gov.uk or tel: 01629 538060.
Book a place
To book a place, email: DrivingSafer.ForLonger@derbyshire.gov.uk with your name and your preferred training date and location. Alternatively, you can tel: 01629 538060.