By airHere you can find the details of our local airports.
East Midlands Airport
East Midlands Airport is close to Derbyshire's southern boundary, and is the nearest airport to the city of Derby.
The airport is served by these bus services into Derbyshire:-
- The "Skylink" to and from Derby − running round the clock, seven days a week. It runs at least hourly, and half-hourly for most of the day.
- The "Indigo" − running frequently to Long Eaton.
Full timetables of these bus services are available in the Online Timetable Library.
A regular shuttle bus runs between the Airport and the new East Midlands Parkway rail station, served by trains to Long Eaton and Derby, with connections for Chesterfield.
A National Express coach service links the airport with Chesterfield.
Birmingham Airport is adjacent to Birmingham International railway station, and a free "Air-Rail Link" runs between the airport and the station.
There are frequent trains to Birmingham New Street station, from where there are connecting trains to Derby and Chesterfield.
Manchester airport is linked by frequent train services with Manchester Piccadilly (for connections to New Mills, the Hope Valley, Chesterfield and Alfreton), with Stockport (for connections to New Mills and Buxton) and with Sheffield (for connections to Chesterfield and Derby).
There is also a frequent bus service between Manchester Airport and Buxton, with connections at Stockport or Buxton for Bakewell, Matlock and Derby.
Information on other websites
- National Rail - for train information (opens in a new window)
- National Express coaches (opens in a new window)
- East Midlands Airport official website (opens in a new window)
- Birmingham Airport official website (opens in a new window)
- Manchester Airport official website (opens in a new window)
- Online timetable library (opens in a new window)