The Derbyshire Wayfarer day rover ticketThe Derbyshire Wayfarer is a day rover ticket allowing virtually unlimited bus and train travel throughout Derbyshire for a whole day.
Travel between Derbyshire and Sheffield*, Burton-on-Trent*, Macclesfield*, Leek* and Uttoxeter* is also included.
* Town/city centre (valid on direct journeys to/from Derbyshire only).
Derbyshire Wayfarer ticket prices
- £12.00 for an adult (plus one child under 16)
- £6.00 for a senior citizen (aged 60 or over), a child under 16*, or a holder of a Gold Card or other English National Concessionary Travel Scheme (ENCTS) pass
- £22.00 for a group of up to two adults and up to three children*
* A dog may travel in place of a child.
Where to buy Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets
You can buy Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets in advance, or (subject to opening hours) on the day you wish to travel, from any of these outlets:
- Tourist information centres in Ashbourne, Bakewell, Buxton, Castleton, Chesterfield, Derby, Leek, Peak Rail at Matlock Rail Station, Swadlincote, New Mills Heritage Centre, East Staffs Borough Council's Customer Services Centre in Burton on Trent and Uttoxeter Town Hall.
- Bus Company Travel Offices at Derby Bus Station and Sheffield Interchange and Transport Executive Travel Centres.
- Public libraries in Alfreton, Belper, Heanor, Ilkeston, Long Eaton, Melbourne and Swadlincote
- Newbury's News near Dronfield Station.
- East Staffs Council customer service centre in Burton-on-Trent
- Uttoxeter Town Hall.
You can also buy Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets on the day of travel from the drivers of these local buses:
- Arriva Midlands
- Ashbourne DRT
- Bakewell CT (service222)
- DW Coaches
- G&J Holmes
- High Peak
- Midland Classic
- Moorlands Connect
- Notts & Derby
- Stotts Tours
- TM Travel
- Trent Barton
Nottingham and Beeston stations sell special Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets which also include rail travel from those stations to Long Eaton or Langley Mill.
These tickets are priced at £16.50 (adult) and £8.25 (concessionary). Group tickets are not available from these stations.
Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets cannot be purchased on board trains, at unstaffed stations, or from station ticket machines.
Ordering tickets by mail or telephone
Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets can also be obtained in advance by post.
You do not have to specify your intended dates of travelling when ordering tickets in advance.
Please quote your credit card number and expiry date and three-digit security code, and a full mailing address for the tickets.
Please remember to say how many tickets you want, and whether you want adult, concessionary or group tickets.
The Public Transport Unit
Derbyshire County Council
Tel: 01629 536735
Where and when you can use your Derbyshire Wayfarer
Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets can be used on almost all buses and trains in Derbyshire, and to some towns outside the county (opens in a new window)
Win a Wayfarer!
Every Derbyshire Wayfarer ticket entitles you to enter a free monthly draw in which you can win another ticket.
Simply complete the questionnaire on the back of the ticket and send it back to us. You don't even need a stamp.
Only unused, undamaged tickets which are not endorsed "complimentary" can be replaced.
Please enclose a stamped, self-addressed envelope for the return of your tickets.
The following document is in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)