The Derbyshire Wayfarer day rover ticket
The Derbyshire Wayfarer is a day rover ticket allowing virtually unlimited bus and train travel throughout Derbyshire for a whole day.
Travel between Derbyshire and Sheffield city centre, Burton-on-Trent town centre, Macclesfield town centre, Leek town centre and Uttoxeter town centre is also included (valid on direct journeys to and from Derbyshire only).
Derbyshire Wayfarer ticket prices (valid until 20 May 2017)
- £12.40 for an adult (plus one child under 16)
- £6.20 for a senior citizen (aged 60 or over), a child under 16 (a dog may travel in place of a child) or a holder of a Gold Card or other English National Concessionary Travel Scheme (ENCTS) pass
- £22.50 for a group of up to two adults and up to three children (a dog may travel in place of a child).
Once purchased, tickets are not refundable.
Buy Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets
You can buy Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets in advance, or (subject to opening hours) on the day you wish to travel, from any of these outlets:
- tourist information centres in Ashbourne, Bakewell, Buxton, Castleton, Chesterfield, Derby, Leek, Sheffield and Swadlincote
- the bus travel office at Derby Bus Station
- public libraries in Alfreton, Belper, Glossop, Heanor, Ilkeston, Long Eaton, Matlock, Melbourne and Swadlincote
- New Mills Heritage Centre
- Newbury's News near Dronfield Station
- East Staffordshire Council customer service centre in Burton-on-Trent
- Uttoxeter Town Hall.
You can also buy Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets on the day of travel from the drivers of these local buses:
- Arriva Midlands
- Ashbourne DRT
- G&J Holmes
- High Peak (certain services only)
- Midland Classic
- Moorlands Connect
- Notts & Derby
- TM Travel
- Trent Barton
Tickets can only be purchased where they are valid.
These railway station ticket offices sell Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets on the day of travel:
- Long Eaton
- New Mills - only open on Mondays to Fridays, until 1pm
- Newtown - only open on Mondays to Fridays, until 1pm
Nottingham and Beeston stations sell special Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets which also include rail travel from those stations to Long Eaton or Langley Mill. These tickets are priced at £17 (adult) and £8.50 (concessionary). Group tickets are not available from these stations.
Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets cannot be purchased on board trains, at unstaffed stations, or from station ticket machines.
Ordering tickets by mail or telephone
Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets can also be obtained in advance by post.
You don't have to specify your intended dates of travelling when ordering tickets in advance.
Please quote your credit card number and expiry date and three-digit security code, and a full mailing address for the tickets.
Please remember to say how many tickets you want, and whether you want adult, concessionary or group tickets.
The Public Transport Unit
Derbyshire County Council
Tel: 01629 536738
Using your Derbyshire Wayfarer
Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets can be used on almost all buses and trains in Derbyshire, and to some towns outside the county. Check where you can use your Wayfarer ticket.
Win a Wayfarer!
Every Derbyshire Wayfarer ticket entitles you to enter a free monthly draw in which you can win another ticket.
Simply complete the questionnaire on the back of the ticket and send it back to us. You don't even need a stamp.
If you have any unused pre-purchased tickets which were valid only until the end of 2016, you may exchange them for new ones.
Simply send them to us requesting replacements, and new tickets will be sent to you by return.
Only unused, undamaged tickets which are not endorsed "complimentary" can be replaced.
Please enclose a stamped, self-addressed envelope for the return of your tickets.
The following documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)