Validity of Derbyshire Wayfarer
Derbyshire Wayfarer Day Rover Tickets are valid on almost all bus and train services operating in the county.
Validity on train services
Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets can be used between any of the stations on the following rail lines at any time on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holiday Mondays, and after 9am on Mondays to Fridays:
- Buxton - Chapel-en-le-Frith - New Mills (Newtown)
- Sheffield - Hathersage - Hope - Edale - Chinley - New Mills (Central)
- Sheffield - Chesterfield - Alfreton - Langley Mill
- Sheffield - Chesterfield - Derby
- Derby - Belper - Ambergate - Cromford - Matlock
- Derby - Long Eaton
- Derby - Tutbury and Hatton - Uttoxeter
- Derby - Willington - Burton-on-Trent
- Shirebrook - Whitwell.
These tickets can be used on the above lines on trains operated by Cross Country Trains, East Midlands Trains, Northern Trains and TransPennine Express.
Please note that the tickets are not valid to/from East Midlands Parkway.
Validity on bus services
Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets can be used for travel within Derbyshire on all the local bus services operated by the companies listed, at any time on any day of the week.
They can also be used for journeys to or from Derbyshire on these companies' services operating between Derbyshire and Sheffield (city centre), Macclesfield (town centre), Leek (town centre), Burton-on-Trent (town centre) or Uttoxeter (town centre).
- Arriva Midlands
- D W Coaches
- G & J Holmes
- High Peak (including Transpeak)
- Huddersfield Bus
- Little's Trave
- Midland Classic
- Notts & Derby
- TM Travel
- Trent Barton (including Red Arrow, Spondon Flyer, The Mickleover, The Allestree, Amberline, Royal Derby, Harlequin, Villager, Ilkeston Flyer, Black Cat, Pronto, Swift, Two and Rainbow services)
- Wardle Transport
Please note that Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets can't be used on local buses within Sheffield, Macclesfield, Leek, Burton-on-Trent or Uttoxeter, although travel between these town centres and Derbyshire is allowed.
In addition, Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets are valid:
- within Staffordshire on Services 441 and 442
- within Nottinghamshire on Service 15 (Ilkeston - Sawley)
- between Derbyshire and East Midlands Airport on Services SKY ("Skylink!" and "Skylink Nottingham")
- between New Mills and Lyme Park on Service 199 (on Sundays only)
- between Glossop and Holmfirth on Service 951.
If you need further information, or a copy of the leaflet by post, please contact:
The Public Transport Unit
Derbyshire County Council
Tel: 01629 536735
The following documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)