Public transportDerbyshire has an excellent public transport network.
Most buses are operated commercially by companies such as Trent Barton, Stagecoach and Arriva. Many others are run under contract to us.
We promote the use of buses and trains in a variety of ways:
- Providing socially-necessary local bus services.
- Providing home-to-school transport.
- Part-funding the "Traveline" telephone enquiry service.
- Publishing comprehensive timetable books and route maps.
- Maintaining the online journey planner and timetable finder database.
- Funding and administering concessionary fares for disabled and elderly people, children and students.
- Supporting community transport.
- Supporting the development of train services.
- Promoting the Derbyshire Wayfarer day rover ticket.
- Developing Local Transport Plans and policies.
For further information please contact:
Public Transport Unit
Derbyshire County Council