Children and family services
Find out how we can help you and your family.
Bringing up children is exciting and enjoyable. However it can also be demanding, tiring and stressful and we all need help and support at times.
Finding child care or practical support for a child with special needs can be really hard.
Other people expect so much from you but sometimes don't seem to understand you. This can mean being under pressure at home, at school, or with friends.
You might be worried about a child's safety. If this is the case please contact children's social care straight away by ringing Call Derbyshire 08 456 058 058.
Derbyshire Children and Young People's Trust can help to meet the challenges.
Children's services may be able to help you solve any problems by:
- giving you a chance to talk about the problems
- providing information, advice, practical help and support in your home
- helping with information about local nurseries, child minders, playgroups, parent and toddler groups, and short breaks for children with special needs
- supporting young people with their problems
- helping you share concerns about a child's safety or welfare with the right people who can make a difference.
You can also find information on the Complaints and representations (children's services) (opens in a new window) procedure received in respect of services to children.