If your child has a disability or additional needs there is practical support, information and advice for children, young people and their families.
In this section you will find more information about:
- inclusive activity groups for children who have additional needs.
- help to find useful aids or equipment for everyday living or adapting your home.
- support for children with a sensory impairment (vision or hearing).
- short-break services for disabled children and young people.
- specialist services for disabled children and young people who have a high level of need.
- how we can help prepare young people for adulthood and living independently.
You can search our family information directory to find childcare or early education, short-break activities and advice and support groups.
Derbyshire Sport has information about how disabled children and young people can get involved in local sports.
On our website you will also find information about services to support children who have special educational needs, including the Derbyshire Information Advice and Support Service for Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and how we support the inclusion of disabled children in childcare and activity groups.
The following document is in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)
Also on our website
- Inclusion support
- Special educational needs
- Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) reforms