Child protection service
If you believe that any child is in danger ring Call Derbyshire tel: 01629 533190 choosing the option for urgent child protection calls at any time or contact the police by ringing their call centre number 101 (24 hours).
If there are concerns about a child or young person's safety then a social worker must carry out an assessment under section 47 of the Children Act 1989 which includes seeing the child or young person.
Parents are normally asked for their consent before an assessment begins but a safeguarding assessment can take place even if parents don't agree to it.
The Derbyshire Safeguarding Children Board publishes several leaflets for parents, carers and young people that explain what will happen in more detail, these are attached to this page.
You may also like to see our information on safeguarding adults.
The following documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)
- A guide to Safer Recruitment in Derbyshire leaflet (24KB)
- A guide for parents and carers - an enquiry into your child's safety and welfare leaflet (66KB)
- A guide for young people - an enquiry into your safety and welfare leaflet (66KB)
- Child Protection Conference - a guide for parents and carers leaflet (70KB)
- Child Protection Conference - a guide for young people leaflet (70KB)
- Child Protection Conference - comments and complaints leaflet (70KB)