First Contact is a free service for adults in Derbyshire. By filling in one simple form you can be referred to a number of different organisations who can offer services, information and/or advice to support your independence, health and wellbeing. The scheme is managed by adult care in partnership with other statutory and voluntary sector partners.
Services that can be accessed through First Contact
We work in partnership with a variety of statutory and voluntary sector organisations who can provide:
- welfare benefits advice
- home safety and security advice
- housing repairs and adaptations
- advice and information about existing or future housing needs
- information on local community transport schemes
- energy efficiency and warm homes advice
- home fire safety checks and smoke alarms
- community alarms
- information on local social groups, clubs and activities
- help to access paid employment or voluntary opportunities if you have a disability or long term health condition
- information about adult education courses
- access to the home library service
- advice on preventing falls
- information about services to support your emotional or mental wellbeing
- advice and support on how to live a healthier lifestyle, including stopping smoking, weight management, getting active, reducing alcohol intake and help with substance misuse problem
- information about local befriending services for people who are lonely or isolated
- advice and support for parents coping with young families
- support for ex-armed forces personnel
- advice for victims of bogus callers, rogue traders and scams
- help with managing daily living activities
- support for unpaid or informal carers
- information about volunteering and time bank opportunities in your area.
Please see the First Contact Partner Directory attached to this page for further information about the services offered as part of the scheme.
Complete the First Contact form to get help
The scheme works by using a series of questions to find out what sort of help, advice and services you could benefit from.
To make a referral all you need to do is fill in the First Contact online form and answer the questions.
You can also print out a paper version of the First Contact form attached to this page. You will need to send completed paper forms by post or fax to Call Derbyshire. The address and fax number are printed on the bottom of the form.
Both online and paper referrals are processed at Call Derbyshire and your details will be passed to the organisations who supply the services that you expressed interest in.
The relevant organisations will then contact you directly within 28 days to see how they can help you. Your details will be held by us and will not be shared with any third party without your permission.
First Contact for professionals
Health, social care, housing workers and any other professionals who provide support services can use the First Contact scheme to refer clients who they feel would benefit from the service. If you are a professional and would like further information, please see our partnership agencies page.
For further information on the First Contact Derbyshire Signposting Scheme, please contact Call Derbyshire, email: email@example.com or tel: 01629 533190.
The following documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)