Adult care and wellbeing
The video displayed on this page is a BSL and subtitled copy of the Guide to Adult Care leaflet.
We want you to live independently for as long as possible by helping you to stay healthy and make the most of opportunities in your local area.
Services to help you maintain your independence
Our prevention services help you live independently and keep safe and well. They aim to help you avoid unnecessary hospital stays and get back to your own home as soon as possible. Prevention services include practical help, information and advice.
Information and advice service
This section of our website and the publications we have available will help you:
- access our services and learn about the process you will follow in My Care Journey
- help you stay independent in your own home
- find information about other accommodation if you need to move from your home
- keep safe
- get out and involved with activities and your community, including blue badge applications
- access welfare benefits and legal advice
- get help if you are a carer
- stay fit and well
- access specialist dementia services.
If you come across any words or phrases relating to care and support that you are not familiar with, these jargon busters may have explanations:
- Think Local Act Personal Care and Support Jargon Buster (opens in a new window)
- Easy Read Jargon Buster.
We provide leaflets to view or download in standard and easy-read format and as signed videos on this website. Printed copies can be picked up from our office receptions, health and wellbeing zones and some other public buildings.
We also provide a number of fact sheets about our services. These are available on our website or you can call into one of our offices and ask for a copy to be printed for you.
This Department of Health document sets out the different choices that people are able to make in relation to their health and social care.
Are you worried about someone?
After reading the information on this website, if you feel you need to make a referral for yourself or someone else, please Call Derbyshire on 01629 533190.
We are working to protect people who may be vulnerable because of their age, an illness, mental incapacity or disability. If you are worried about the safety of an adult please Call Derbyshire on 01629 533190 or visit the Safer Derbyshire (opens in a new window) website.
Complaint, comment or compliment
If you have a complaint, comment or compliment about Adult Care services then please see our complaints process.
The following documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)
- Guide to Adult Care Leaflet - Aug 2013 (215KB)
- Guide to Adult Care - Easy Read (702KB)
- Guide to Adult Care - Gujarati (963KB)
- Guide to Adult Care - Punjabi (1141KB)
- Guide to Adult Care - Polish (1060KB)
- Your Guide to Services 2014-2015 (2618KB)