We support many carers who are offering various levels of assistance.
There is a range of services from other organisations available to support carers.
There is a list of helpful websites on this page.
Please visit the Derbyshire Directory to find out more information about these organisations.
If you are a carer there are a number of organisations that can offer information and advice:
- NHS Choices Carers Direct (opens in a new window) - freephone 0800 802 0202 or website
- The National Careline (opens in a new window) - free helpline 0800 0699 784 or website
- Carers UK (opens in a new window) - provides information and contacts and an opportunity to order publications
- Independent Age (opens in a new window) - advice and help for older people
- Carers Trust (opens in a new window) - help and advice.
- Derbyshire Carers Association (opens in a new window) - who provide information and support
- Derbyshire Mental Health Carers (opens in a new window) - North Derbyshire: 01246 269065 or 01629 584402, South Derbyshire: 07731 554300
- Parenting Additional Needs (opens in a new window) - a support group based in Derbyshire for parents and carers of children with special needs, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mental health carers:
- Thinkcarer (opens in a new window) - supporting mental health carers in Derbyshire
- Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust (opens in a new window) - core care standards
- NHS Self Help Leaflets (opens in a new window).
Many of these organisations are also involved in recruiting volunteers and providing forums to help you make your views and wishes known.
We have also produced a Carers Directory which lists support groups by region. You can find the directory attached to the bottom of this page.
The following documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)