We support many carers who are offering various levels of assistance.
There are a range of services from other organisations available to support carers. There is a list of helpful websites on this page.
Please visit the Derbyshire Directory (opens in a new window) to find out more information about these organisations.
If you are a carer there are a number of organisations that can offer information and advice:
- Carers Direct (opens in a new window): freephone 0800 802 0202 or website
- The National Careline (opens in a new window): free helpline 0800 0699784 or website
- Carers UK (opens in a new window) - provides information and contacts and an opportunity to order publications
- Counsel and Care (opens in a new window) - Support for carers
- Carers Trust (opens in a new window)
- Derbyshire Mental Health Carers (opens in a new window) who provide information, support groups and forums
- Derbyshire Carers Association (opens in a new window) who provide information and support
Many of these organisations are also involved in recruiting volunteers and providing forums to help you make your views and wishes known.
Currently the Derbyshire Carers Association have a new scheme offering carers the chance to voice their needs and views, to help develop and influence carer services in Derbyshire. If you want to get involved, the programme is called Carers Voice.
We have also produced a Carers Directory which lists support groups by region. You can find this directory on this page
The following document is in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)