Housing related support
We fund a housing related support service to enable vulnerable people to achieve or maintain independent living in the community. More than 24,000 people per year in Derbyshire can be supported through the funding of these services.
A wide range of vulnerable people receive housing related support funded services, including:
- people with mental ill health
- people with learning disabilities
- young people (age 16 to 24) including teenage parents, care leavers and ex-offenders, people with drug or alcohol problems
- older people (age 55 plus)
- high risk serious offenders.
The types of services available are:
- the handy van service
- crisis services
- assistive equipment and home adaptations
- technology enabled care − community alarms
- floating support - support that can be delivered to service users living in any type of home - private, rented or local housing authority home
- accommodation based supported housing - for people who need temporary accommodation to enable them to get the appropriate level of support.
The support available can consist of:
- setting up and managing your home
- keeping your home safe
- organising adaptations
- dealing with forms and letters
- managing your money or debts and arrears
- access to training or employment
- develop independent living skills.
Accessing the service
The service provider directory attached to this page helps you find a service near to you and appropriate to your needs. You should contact the housing related support service provider directly to discuss your needs.
Services are subject to availability and may require a fairer charging assessment.
The leaflet attached to this page explains in more detail the fairer charging financial assessment process and answers some frequently asked questions.
The following documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)
- Housing related support fact sheet (96KB)
- Derbyshire Accommodation and Support Directory of Services (247KB)
- Handy Van leaflet (247KB)
- Handy Van - easy read (500KB)
- Fairer charging financial assessments fact sheet (38KB)
- Telecare Factsheet (147KB)
- Assistive Equipment and Home Adaptations Factsheet (95KB)
- Independent living through telecare solutions (571KB)