Copying and research service
We can supply copies of original documents or publications, subject to copyright restrictions, and send them to you by email. We're also able to print the images if you prefer to have them on paper. Or we can supply copies on CD.
We can also help you with your historical research using published or original sources, including parish registers.
We'll send you the results and copies in a research report.
Please check the Derbyshire Record Office catalogue (opens in a new window) to make sure we hold the records you're looking for. If you're still in doubt, please contact the duty archivist.
If you prefer to employ an independent researcher, please see the list of record agents attached to this page.
Copying and research orders are priced according to the amount of staff time they take to carry out, priced at £12.50 per half hour.
We aim to complete all orders within 28 working days.
To request a quote for copying or research please contact the duty archivist email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 01629 538180.
Or you can estimate the cost of the order using the cost guidelines attached to this page.
Costs of postage and printing are indicated on the form.
Under copyright regulations, copies of documents cannot be published in hard copy or electronic form without written permission.
We can only provide copies of documents for personal research purposes and not for commercial or publication purposes.
Prior approval from the depositor and copyright owner where necessary, via Derbyshire Record Office, must be sought before copies of documents may be published or used for purposes other than personal research.
To ask permission, please contact us. If permission is given, it will be on condition that appropriate acknowledgement is made.
The following documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)
The following documents are in Word format. You can download software to view Word documents for free from the Word viewer page (opens in a new window) of the Microsoft website.
- Derbyshire Record Office fees and charges 2017-2018 (242KB)
- Copying and research cost guidelines (729KB)
- Copying and research order form commercial May 2017 (786KB)
- Copying and research order form non-EU countries - commercial (785KB)
- Copying and research order form non commercial May 2017 (786KB)
- Copying and research order form non-EU countries - non-commercial (785KB)
- Subject access request form (747KB)
- Record agents and transcribers list (104KB)
- Maps on CD order form - May 2017 (1585KB)
- Maps on CD order form - Non-EU countries (1584KB)