There are two mobile libraries based at Buxton and Long Eaton, serving around 150 communities across the county where there is no library building. These places are visited once every four weeks.
The mobile libraries have a lift for wheelchair users and people with mobility problems.
We offer something for everyone
- fiction and non-fiction books for adults and children
- large print books
- books on tape and books on CD - free to under 18s with a small charge to people over 18
- a selection of local studies books and information.
If you can't find the book you want we can get it for you. Ask about our reservation service.
The mobile library timetables are attached to this page.
The following documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)
- Mobile library index of places served until 26 January 2018 (231KB)
- Northern mobile library routes until 26 January 2018 (230KB)
- Southern mobile library routes until 26 January 2018 (230KB)
- Mobile library index of places served until 20 April 2018 (229KB)
- Northern mobile library routes until 20 April 2018 (226KB)
- Southern mobile library routes until 20 April 2018 (208KB)