Renew your library items
Trouble logging into your library account?
Following our recent catalogue upgrade some library members aren't able to login.
Please get in touch with the Library Information Service on 01629 533444 or email@example.com and we'll be able to resolve this for you.
Accessing your library account online
Use the link in the information on other websites section to access your library account online:
- If you have a purple library card, just type the number into the user ID box.
- b_line and Gold Cards need to be activated at your local library in order to be used as library cards.
Your PIN is the first two digits and the last two digits of your date of birth. So, if you were born on 3 February 1970, your PIN would be 0370. You may change your PIN once you are logged into My Account by using the Change PIN option.
- Books and CDs can be renewed for three weeks.
- All DVDs, with the exception of new features, can be renewed twice. An additional charge applies.
- Audio books can be renewed for a further three weeks. An additional charge applies.
Items can be requested by visiting any Derbyshire library by using our catalogue or by ringing the Library Information Service on 01629 533 444.
A request charge of 80p (50p concessionary) is charged for books and audio books. If we do not have the item in stock it can still be requested. A further charge of £4 will apply if we borrow the item from another library service in the UK or abroad.
- Children receive free requests up to the age of 18.
- All Derbyshire DVDs with the exception of new features, can be requested free of charge.
- If we do not have a particular item in our stock, a suggestion can be made and we will consider buying it.
- CDs can be requested free of charge.
If you are a Derbyshire Library member you can also download free eBooks from our website, including fiction, non fiction and children's books.
You can borrow five eBooks for up to three weeks and if the book you want is already checked out you can reserve it free of charge.