Derwent Valley Mills
Derwent Valley Mills in Derbyshire is a World Heritage Site.
Derwent Valley Mills is the birthplace of the factory system, where in the 18th century, water power was successfully harnessed for textile production.
Stretching 15 miles down the river valley from Matlock Bath to Derby, the World Heritage Site contains a fascinating series of historic mill complexes, including some of the world's first 'modern' factories.
We host the Derwent Valley Mills team on behalf of the Derwent Valley Mills Partnership.
Business Services Assistant (DVM)
Tel: 01629 536831
The following documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)
- Derwent Valley Mills visitor guide (699KB)
- Derwent Valley Mills Management Plan (4735KB)
- Derwent Valley Walks 1 - Duffield to Ambergate (3689KB)
- Derwent Valley Walks 2 - Ambergate to Cromford (2580KB)
- Derwent Valley Walks 3 - Cromford to Matlock (3813KB)