Horse riding at Shipley Country Park
Shipley Country Park offers excellent facilities for horse riding with over 20 miles of quiet paths and bridleways, including part of the Nutbrook Trail.
Other facilities for horse riders include:
- horse box parking at the main car park, next to the visitor centre
- a mounting block at the main car park
- horse corral next to the visitor centre
- 'Horse Riding in Shipley Country Park' leaflet (free) and information panel, containing maps of the bridleways and the NutbrookTrail section useable by horse riders.
The park is very popular and horse riders must share the site with other users. We ask you to abide by these simple rules for the mutual enjoyment and safety of horse riders and other visitors:
- Please ride only on the bridleways and the Nutbrook Trail. In particular, please keep off mown areas.
- Plan your route carefully.
- Ride in a careful and responsible manner, be aware of other users. Remember many people are nervous of horses.
- Galloping is not allowed anywhere in the country park, limit your speed and always ride within your stopping distance.
- Please wear the appropriate safety equipment.
- Horse drawn vehicles are not allowed on footpaths or bridleways within the park.
For further information please contact the visitor centre tel: 01629 533991 or email: email@example.com
A bridleways map of Shipley Country Park is attached to this page.
If you require this document in another format please contact Call Derbyshire tel: 01629 533190.
The following document is in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)