Car parks at countryside sites
We provide car parks at many of our countryside sites, many of which are free to use.
Car park charges are payable by pay and display at the following sites:
- Elvaston Castle
- Shipley (Coppiceside)
- Shipley (Mapperley)
- Lea Bridge (High Peak Junction)
- Cromford Wharf
- Black Rocks
- Middleton Top
Grinlow car park has an honesty box.
Charges and charging hours
Car parking charges are levied every day of the year, including public holidays.
Charges apply between the hours of 9am and 5pm between 1 November and 31 March and the hours of 8am and 8pm from 1 April to 31 October.
Holders of blue badges are exempt as long as the badge is on display in the vehicle.
Season tickets are available from the visitor centres at Elvaston Castle Country Park, Shipley Park Country Park, Middleton Top Countryside Centre and Hayfield Countryside Centre.
Where collected by honesty box the charge is £1 per day.
Where collected by pay and display the charges are:
Cars and motorcycles
- 2 hours - £1.60
- 4 hours - £3
- all day - £4.80
- annual season ticket - £80
Lorries / coaches (and vehicles pulling a trailer)
- 2 hours - £4.10
- 4 hours - £6.40
- all day - £9.60
- annual season ticket - £160
Lorry and coach rate applies if:
- it is a car or van pulling a trailer horsebox
- it is over 2540KG its classed as a lorry.
Below that weight, and not pulling a trailer horsebox, it is classed as a car / van and so the lower tariff applies.
Some sites have an honesty box where the charge is £1 per day.
A charge of £70 will be required if you are issued a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) for a higher level contravention and £50 on the issue of a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) for a lower level contravention, in accordance with The Civil Enforcement of Parking Contraventions (Guidelines on Levels of Charges) (England) Order 2007.
These prices are discounted by 50 per cent if payment is received within 14 days of the issue of the PCN or within 21 days for PCNs issued by post.
For more information about parking enforcement or how to pay your penalty charge please visit Park Smarter (opens in a new window).
We reserve the right to charge season ticket holders and blue badge holders for car parking on certain special event days throughout the year. Special event days include the Woodland Festival and such other events that are publicised during the year. All other rules displayed in the car parks shall apply.
The following documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)
- Off-street Parking Places Civil Enforcement and Consolidation Order 2010 (113KB)
- Black Rocks car park (347KB)
- Brimington, Station Road car park (343KB)
- Cromford Wharf car park (375KB)
- Eddlestowe car park (377KB)
- Elvaston main car park (439KB)
- Elvaston showground car park (512KB)
- Elvaston staff car park (408KB)
- Grassmoor, Birkin Lane car park (339KB)
- Darley Dale car park (209KB)
- Grin Low car park (321KB)
- Hardstoft Road car park (305KB)
- Hayfield car park (431KB)
- Highoredish car park (368KB)
- High Peak Junction car park (339KB)
- Holmewood car park (432KB)
- Inkersall car park (415KB)
- Ironville, Casson Street car park (410KB)
- Middleton Top car park (360KB)
- Mill Green car park (353KB)
- Peter Fidler Reserve car park (368KB)
- Poulter Country Park Archaeological Way car park (305KB)
- Poulter Country Park Ponds car park (318KB)
- Renishaw car park (386KB)
- Rowthorne car park (260KB)
- Shipley Hill car park (752KB)
- Shipley staff car park (315KB)
- Shipley Coppiceside car park (441KB)
- Stockley Pond car park (306KB)
- Timber Lane car park (269KB)
- Tibshelf Ponds car park (363KB)
- Tibshelf Common car park (277KB)
- Whaley Thorns Station, Pinxton Country Park car park (361KB)
- Williamthorpe, Old Mansfield Road car park (335KB)
- Williamthorpe Sewage Works car park (291KB)