Why not explore the High Peak Trail and the beautiful Derbyshire Dales by bike?
With over 17 miles of trails through beautiful countryside with dramatic views, our family-friendly and traffic free cycle trails are here to be enjoyed by everyone.
Just follow the line of the former Cromford and High Peak railway from the Cycle Hire Centre at Middleton Top, taking in the stunning Derbyshire Dales countryside.
We have bicycles for all ages and child seats, trailers and taggers (to add to adult cycles), through child's cycles to full size adult cycles. We have:
- hybrid bikes, ideal for the trail
- comfort bikes
- electric bikes, that help by giving you extra pedal power.
We recommend that you wear a helmet whilst cycling, and helmet hire is free with the hire of any bicycle.
Please bring a form of identification with you, such as a driving licence.
For details of the centre's opening days and hours, prices and terms and conditions of hire please tel: 01629 533294 or see the information attached to this page.
Middleton Top Cycle Hire
Middleton Top Countryside Centre
Middleton by Wirksworth
Tel: 01629 533294
The following documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)
- Cycle hire opening hours and prices 2017 to 31 March 2018 (50KB)
- Cycle hire opening hours and prices April 2018 (1375KB)
- Middleton Top colour cycling map (100KB)
- Cycle hire frequently asked questions (66KB)