We host a range of exciting events for all the family to enjoy.
All events are drop-in unless stated otherwise.
For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 01629 533540.
You can join our mailing list to be kept informed about the many events, exhibitions and workshops which we host throughout the year.
Saturday 30 July 2016, between 11am and 1pm and again between 2pm and 4pm.
Watch flint knapper James Dilley at work, discover more about primitive technology and handle real prehistoric tools from the museum collection. This event is part of the Festival of Archaeology. For further details please see the programme attached to this page.
Make and Take Thursdays
- Thursdays 28 July 2016 - Summer Postcards with Spiral Arts
- Thursday 4 August 2016 - Patterns from Nature with Sarah Males
- Thursday 11 August 2016 - Nature Trail with Tracy Barlow
- Thursday 18 August 2016 - Peak Palaces with Creeping Toad
- Thursday 25 August 2016 - Make a Mobile with Sarah Males
- Thursday 1 September 2016 - Nature Games with Tracy Barlow
Drop in on Thursday mornings 10am-noon during the summer school holidays for free, fun family activities with local artists.
Saturday 6 and Saturday 13 August 2016, between 11am and 3pm.
Make shadow puppets inspired by the local landscape and perform your own play in the pop-up theatre, with local puppeteers Funny Wonders. This event is part of Buxton Family Festival, please see the programme attached to this page for further details.
The following documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)
- Buxton Family Festival programme 2016 (3790KB)
- Festival of Archaeology programme 2016 (24KB)
- Meet the Experts programme July 2016 (6016KB)
- Make and Take Thursdays 2016 (446KB)