Visit Buxton Museum and Art Gallery to discover the geology, archaeology and history of the Peak District in our Wonders of the Peak time tunnel. Find out more in our collections.
Find out more about the coin hoard discovered in Reynard's Kitchen Cave in Dovedale from our collections news.
Our latest venture, Collections in the Landscape, has produced four digital trails. Why not try them out (opens in a new window) and let us know what you think (opens in a new window)?
You can also join our mailing list to find out more.
- Monday: closed (except summer bank holidays)
- Tuesday to Friday: 9.30am to 5.30pm
- Saturday: 9.30am to 5pm
- Sundays and bank holidays from 18 April to 30 September 2014: 10.30am to 5pm
Visit our shop
We stock colourful minerals, fascinating fossils and gift items made from decorative stones as well as local history and special interest books.
Tel: 01629 533540
Buxton Museum and Art Gallery
Finding us by bus or train
Alight at Market Place and walk approximately 300 metres towards the town centre. The museum is on the right hand side.
There are frequent trains to Buxton from Stockport. The museum is about seven minutes' walk from the train station, following signs for the Market Place and museum.
Information on other websites
- Buxton Museum and Art Gallery Facebook page (opens in a new window)
- Buxton Museum and Art Gallery Twitter page (opens in a new window)
- Buxton Museum and Art Gallery Blog (opens in a new window)
- Buxton Museum and Art Gallery Flickr page (opens in a new window)