Bottles and jars (glass)
Ways to reduce, reuse or recycle glass and plastic bottles and jars.
- Buy bigger size products where possible. They last longer and there are often refill options available.
- Consider buying concentrates. Concentrated products such as juice drinks can reduce packaging by over 50%.
Use glass jars as storage containers for homemade jam or chutney.
Glass jars can make decorative tea light holders when painted.
- Recycle clean bottles and jars in your kerbside recycling scheme. Contact your local council for more information about what you can recycle at your kerbside.
Take clean bottles and jars to recycling banks where available. The can also be recycled at our household waste recycling centres.
Facts about glass recycling
- Glass is 100% recyclable and can be endlessly reprocessed with no loss of quality
- Recycling two bottles saves enough energy to boil enough water for five cups of tea!