We are involved in a range of conservation activities from the historic environment to wildlife conservation.
The list below describes and links to our conservation services.
- We assist and promote the best possible stewardship of our built and natural environment in the fields of archaeology, historic buildings, urban design, landscape character and ecology.
- We care for and provide access to our own countryside sites and Greenways. We promote greater access to the wider countryside for all. Find out more by reading our Access and recreation pages.
- We are responsible for maintaining the Public Rights of Way Network.
- We own and manage woodland and grasslands, and play a role in managing 'protected' trees in Derbyshire. Find out more by visiting our Tree Preservation Orders and Woodlands and Grasslands pages.
- We seek to minimise any negative impacts highways have upon the environment. Learn more by visiting our Transport and Roads (opens in a new window) section.
- We seek to minimise any adverse effects and maximise benefits of any planning activity within the county. Visit our Minerals and waste development pages to read more.