Derbyshire youth offer - overview and aimsYouth activities as part of the Derbyshire youth offer contributes to the personal and social development and economic wellbeing of young people within a multi-racial society.
We can help young people develop by:
- developing skills to relate effectively with others and be effective members of groups in which they live and work
- developing a responsibility towards and sympathetic concern for other people especially those who are disadvantaged
- developing decision-making skills and political awareness
- adapting and responding to change in themselves and their social and physical environment
- developing confidence and an ability to express their own reasoned opinions
- developing an awareness of their own strengths, weaknesses and aptitudes
- developing awareness of their feelings, attitudes and values of themselves and others
- developing desired negotiation and social skills
We aim to provide a high quality service which is accessible to all young people aged 13-19 years and to targeted groups focusing on areas of disadvantage and under-achievement.
We will offer young people new and challenging experiences that will stretch their knowledge, skills and attitudes in a way that enables them to reflect upon themselves as individuals in order that they fulfil their potential to contribute as positive members of the community.
We will ensure young people have opportunities to have their voice heard in democratic, political and decision-making processes.
Programmes of recreational and sporting activities will offer fun, friendship, enjoyment and learning.
We will celebrate young people and what they have achieved in order to promote a positive profile of their contribution to society.
Contacts us for further details.