Working with Children and Young People in DerbyshireWelcome to the Children and younger adults integrated workforce development training website.
The children and young people's workforce includes a wide range or statutory and non-statutory (private, voluntary, community and independent) partners - who all contribute to improving the lives of children, young people and families in Derbyshire.
A Fair Deal for Derbyshire
- A Derbyshire that works
- A healthy Derbyshire
- A Safer Derbyshire
- A Derbyshire that cares
- A local Derbyshire
Whether you currently work/volunteer within the sector or are considering working/volunteering there are workforce training opportunities that may available to support you in your role.
Effective practice in the children and younger people's workforce requires committed, enthusiastic and reflective practitioners with a range and depth of knowledge, skills and understanding.
Through initial and on-going training and development, practitioners need to develop, demonstrate and improve their:-
- Awareness of Safeguarding and child protection
- Health and safety awareness in practice
- Active risk assessment
- Current legislation
- Relationships with children, young people and families
- Understanding of the individual and the diverse ways that children and young people learn
- Knowledge and understanding in order to actively support and extend children's learning in and across all areas and aspects of learning
- Practice in meeting all children's needs, learning styles and interests
- Work with parents, carers and the wider community
- Work with other professional in a multi-agency capacity
- Service for care of children and young people with differing abilities, needs, racial identity, sexual identity, cultural and religious background
We are committed to developing a multi-agency approach to the training and development of Derbyshire's Children and young people − for information see the CAYA workforce strategy document on our Workforce strategy, learning and development page (opens in a new window).