Special educational needsWe have a legal duty to assess and cater for children and young people with special educational needs.
We work in partnership with our schools and also provide specialist support services and facilities for a range of learning and behavioural problems and for physical and sensory impairments.
Support for pupils in mainstream schools without a statement is clearly set out in the descriptors for primary and secondary provision at School Action and School Action Plus.
These are shown in the related documents section along with a leaflet from the Local Inclusion Officer Service.
Other provision includes enhanced resource schools, special schools and specialist nurseries.
The Parent Partnership Service (opens in a new window) is an impartial service offering support for parents and carers of children with special needs and at risk of exclusion.
Tel: 01629 536539
Special Needs Section
Children and Younger Adults
The following documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)
The following documents are in Word format. You can download software to view Word documents for free from the Word viewer page (opens in a new window) of the Microsoft website.
- My child is having difficulties leaflet (62KB)
- Descriptors of provision SEN (March 2013) (3781KB)
- Enhanced resource schools list (266KB)
- Full Enhanced Resource (ER) Schools - descriptors of provision (224KB)
- Special Schools brochure (2057KB)
- Special Schools brochure inserts (755KB)
- Transition planning In Derbyshire (164KB)
- Transport policy for children and young people (457KB)
- Accessibility strategy (379KB)
- Criteria for when to carry out a statutory assessment (684KB)