Children with English as an additional language
Services and support for children with English as an additional language are currently undergoing changes which are outlined below:
− Until 31 March 2013
Funding for Derbyshire schools for pupils with English as an additional language will be held centrally by the Traveller and English as an Additional Language Service (TEALS) and accessed through the Inclusion Team - Student Services.
Schools who wish to apply for funding for new arrivals that have English as an additional language should contact Sue Mills on 01629 536453 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Schools need to complete the referral form and initial language assessment, which is detailed in the related documents section.
Please note that funding calculations will relate specifically to the number of weeks remaining before 1 April.
− From 1 April 2013
The budget to support pupils with English as an additional language will go directly to schools.
For strategic or development queries contact Nigel Groom on 01629 532709 or 07772882187 or email email@example.com
Useful resources and reference documents for schools and parents are available in the related documents section below.
The following documents are in Word format. You can download software to view Word documents for free from the Word viewer page (opens in a new window) of the Microsoft website.
- Supporting English as an additional language in Derbyshire (298KB)
- EAL Initial Language Assessment Document for Early Years KS1 Derbyshire (208KB)
- EAL Initial Language Assessment Document for KS2 KS3 KS4 Derbyshire (218KB)
- EAL Pupils in KS4 Exam Classes (109KB)
- EAL Pupils in Nursery Education (124KB)
- EAL Pupils in Primary Education (119KB)
- EAL Pupils in Secondary Education (123KB)
- Supporting your Child at School (266KB)
- EAL Pupils with Additional Needs (147KB)