Free childcare for two-year-olds
Do you have a child who is two, or almost two?
Then you could qualify for free childcare worth hundreds of pounds.
If you meet the criteria, your child can start the term after their second birthday and access up to 570 hours per year of free early education funding. These hours can be flexible dependent upon your chosen provider's delivery model. The funding will remain in place until your child becomes eligible for the three and four year old funding.
To apply for the two year old funding you can:
- Apply for free early years funding on our parent portal (opens in a new window). By completing your application online, you agree to your eligibility result being emailed to the address you have provided.
- Text Child to 86555 (texts cost 10p).
- Call us between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, tel: 01629 539317 or 01629 539316 or 01629 539319.
At the end of the online application process, your result will be displayed as either:
- found - eligible for the two year old funding
- not found - not currently eligible for the two year old funding.
On approval of your application, a six digit voucher code will be generated. You will receive confirmation of your unique voucher code and start date. You will need to present proof of your eligibility to your chosen provider before your child can take up a funded place. The provider will then make arrangements for your child to start with them. The funding will remain in place until your child becomes eligible for the three and four year old funding.
Providers need to be contracted with the local authority to deliver early education funded places and you can access a place at a pre-school, day nursery, childminder and at a number of schools who offer two year old early education places.