Get ahead in business
Fill your skills gap with an apprentice or trainee. Apprentices and trainees provide new talent, fresh ideas and increased productivity.
Our Adult Community Education Service is award winning and has an excellent reputation for consistently high standards in education and training, providing quality learning programmes designed around your needs.
What is a traineeship?
An, unwaged, high quality work experience placement which lasts from 6 weeks up to 6 months with a programme of training for 16−24 year olds, potentially leading to a job or an apprenticeship.
What is an apprenticeship?
A way for new or current employees (aged 16+) to earn a wage, whilst training in a real job and gaining a qualification. An employer would be required to pay the minimum apprentice wage which is £3.30/hour.
Research among businesses employing apprentices highlights the following benefits:
- 92% believe that apprenticeships lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce
- 80% feel that apprenticeships reduce staff turnover
- 77% think apprenticeships make them more competitive
- 76% say that apprentices provide higher overall productivity.
To find out more about the benefits of recruiting an apprentice, visit Gov.UK (opens in a new window) and search "apprenticeships".
Derbyshire Adult Community Education Service can help your business succeed by doing the hard work for you, for FREE*. We can:
- assess your business needs
- advertise your vacancies
- screen CVs, shortlist and interview candidates
- deliver training in your workplace, or one of our well-equipped centres.
- support you in claiming an apprenticeship grant for employers
- assess performance (including an e-portfolio where appropriate)
- certificate apprentices.
To find out other businesses' experiences hiring apprentices and trainees with our support, visit our Employer Testimonials page.
For more information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 01629 536568.