Our new spring course brochure is now available giving information on courses starting between January and May 2013. We offer seasonal gift vouchers for that 'present with a difference' throughout the year too.
Whether you live locally, are visiting the Peak District on holiday, or want something to keep the kids entertained, we invite you to join us for a memorable summer. There are workshops for everyone, packed lunches on request and discount deals with accommodation providers.
You can find information about course fees and how to book them attached to this page and for more details about our courses go to course information.
For information about bespoke courses that we can organise to meet your specific needs go to working together.
In the coming year the eco centre courses will:
- Build on our reputation for delivering nationally renowned training for professional dry stone wallers.
- Help people build in ways that reduce energy use and conserve historic features.
- Use recycled and natural materials for arts and crafts and take inspiration from the local environment.
- Offer a variety of new subjects that help us enjoy Derbyshire's environment and reduce our dependence on high carbon lifestyles.
- Provide accredited courses that develop skills in land based activities and horticulture.
Work with schools locally to make the eco centre a 'learning opportunity' for young people.
The eco centre will gradually increase its offer to include more courses on:
renewable energy and reducing energy use
how to reduce, reuse and recycle (almost anything!)
local food production
using IT to cut travel costs.
The eco centre will become a hub for sustainability across the county:
To teach people and organisations how to reduce their carbon footprint.
Offering information and holding events and celebrations as well as running courses.
Helping other adult community education centres become more 'green'.
The eco centre will work with:
families and young people
vulnerable people and special needs groups
community groups and the voluntary sector
local authority staff
businesses and specialists
For further information please contact Cathy Cooke, Eco Centre Manager
Tel: 01629 533038
The following document is in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)
Also on our website
- Adult Community Education
Information on other websites