Driver training for older motorists
Motorists in Derbyshire are being invited to take advantage of training sessions aimed at keeping older drivers safe behind the wheel.
We're offering free Driving Safer for Longer information sessions to county motorists aged 65 and over.
The 90 minute sessions will offer drivers the chance to update their driving knowledge and will cover eyesight, hearing, seatbelts, drink driving, hazard perception, vehicle adaptations and driving assessments.
Sessions are planned for:
- Thursday 22 June, 2pm to 3.30pm, County Hall, Matlock
- Thursday 6 July, 10am to 11.30am, Chesterfield Library
- Thursday 27 July, 1.30pm to 3pm, Bradbury House, Glossop
- Monday 7 August, 10am to 11.30 am, Ilkeston Library
- Tuesday 22 August, 1.30 pm to 3pm, Adult Education Centre, Swadlincote
- Tuesday 12 September, 10.30am to 12 noon, Adult Education Centre, Ashbourne
- Monday 3 October, 2pm to 3.30pm, Buxton Library
- Monday 9 October, 1.30pm to 3pm, Chesterfield Library
- Thursday 26 October, Ripley (venue and time to be confirmed)
- Monday 20 November, 10.30am to 12 noon, County Hall, Matlock
- Monday 4 December, 10am to 11.30am, Bolsover Library.
To book a place email: email@example.com providing personal details, preferred training date and location or tel: 01629 538060.