March roads roundup
Nearly £200,000 is being invested in road repairs across the county in March.
The money is part of a £35 million package Derbyshire County Council has spent on improving the roads in 2013/14.
Councillor Dean Collins, Deputy Cabinet Member for Jobs, Economy and Transport said:
"We are committed to repairing and improving roads and pavements across the county.
"We want to build a strong economy that creates jobs and supports businesses and a thriving economy needs an efficient transport network."
During March work to improve Derbyshire's roads will include:
- A619 Treble Bob roundabout, Barlborough - road resurfacing - £75,000
- Hall Lane, Staveley - road resurfacing - £15,000
North East Derbyshire £107,000
- Norwood Crescent, Killamarsh - road resurfacing - £25,000
- Bridge Street, Killamarsh - road resurfacing - £55,000
- Holmgate Road, Clay Cross - road patching - £27,000
Engineers are currently working to fix potholes caused by recent prolonged and heavy rain on roads across the county.
And further road maintenance will be carried out in areas including:
- Makeney Road, Holbrook - road patching
- A610, Codnor Gate - road resurfacing
- Wreakes Lane, High Street and Stubley Lane roundabout, Dronfield - road resurfacing
- Lant Lane, Tansley - road patching
- Mill Road, Cromford - road patching
- St Augustines Road, Chesterfield - road patching
- Cranmer Street, Long Eaton - road resurfacing
North East Derbyshire
- Ankerbold Road, New Tupton - road patching
- Whitecarr Lane, Ashover - road patching
- Eccles Road, Chapel-en-le-Frith - verge works
Some roads will close temporarily while work takes place.
For more details, including where current and future roadworks and road closures are taking place visit www.derbyshire.gov.uk/roadworks and check out the interactive map.