April roads round-up
More than £250,000 is being invested in road repairs and other improvements across the county in April.
The money is part of a £35 million package we will spend on improving the roads in 2014/15.
Councillor Dean Collins, our Deputy Cabinet Member for Jobs, Economy and Transport said:
We are committed to repairing and improving roads and pavements across the county and know residents put a high priority on their condition.
"We want to build a strong economy that creates jobs and supports businesses and a good roads network is essential to help us to do this."
During April work to improve Derbyshire's roads will include:
- New Station Road, Bolsover - road resurfacing - £80,000
- A617 The Hill, Glapwell − replace 45 street lights - £60,000
- Chesterfield £20,000
- Bourne Close, Brimington - pavement resurfacing - £20,000
- Erewash £50,000
- Trowell Grove, Long Eaton - pavement resurfacing - £50,000
- High Peak £50,000
- A6024 Holme Moss - road patching - £50,000
For more details, including where current and future roadworks and road closures are taking place visit www.derbyshire.gov.uk/roadworks (opens in a new window) and check out the interactive map.