September road improvement round-up
More than £319,000 is being invested in road repairs and improvements across the county this month.
The money is part of a £35 million package we are spending on improving the roads in 2013/14.
Councillor Dean Collins, deputy cabinet member for jobs, economy and transport, said:
We are committed to repairing and improving roads and pavements across the county - it's what local people want and expect.
"We want to build a strong economy that creates jobs and supports businesses and a thriving economy needs an efficient transport network."
During September, work to improve Derbyshire's roads will include:
Amber Valley £53,316
- Shirley Road, Butterfield Crescent and Belvedere Close, Swanwick - pavement resurfacing - £28,316
- B600 Chapel Street, Alfreton - pelican crossing refurbishment - £25,000
- Hennymoor Lane, Belph - road resurfacing - £98,000
- Newbold Road, Newbold - road resurfacing - £25,000
- Brimington Road, Tapton - pavement resurfacing - £40,000
- Trowell Grove, Long Eaton - pavement resurfacing - £25,206
North East Derbyshire £43,000
- Birches Fold, Coal Aston - road resurfacing - £23,000
- Sheffield Road, Dronfield - road resurfacing - £20,000
High Peak £35,000
- Grinlow Road, Buxton - road resurfacing - £35,000
Further road maintenance will be carried out across the county in areas including:
- Leashaw Road, Holloway - rebuilding a retaining wall
- Bullbridge Hill, Bullbridge - road patching
- B6418 Station Road, Clowne - road resurfacing
- B6053 Hawthorn Hill, Staveley - railway bridge examination
- A5012 Via Gellia, Ible − road resurfacing
- A515 Station Street, Ashbourne - pavement sealing and repair work
- B6049 Blackwell to Miller's Dale - road surface dressing
- Unnamed road, Great Hucklow - road surface dressing
- Hopwell Road, Draycott - bridge examination
- Old Road and Lesser Lane, Combs − road resurfacing
- Railway Street, Hadfield − road reconstruction
- Grinlow Road, Buxton − road resurfacing
- Townhead Bridge and Edale Road, Hope Valley − bridge repair
North East Derbyshire
- Long Lane, Killamarsh − vegetation clearances
- Dobbin Lane and Peakley Hill, Barlow − road drainage improvements
- High Street and Church Street, Dronfield − road patching
- Lindway Lane, Brackenfield − culvert repairs
- Back Lane and Calow Green, Calow − road patching
- Netherhall Road, Hartshorne − road patching
- Unnamed road, Ingleby − removing overhanging vegetation
Some roads will close temporarily while work takes place.
For more details, including where current and future roadworks and road closures are taking place visit www.derbyshire.gov.uk/roadworks (opens in a new window) and check out the interactive map.